Side note: I also recently feel His nudge to start memorizing Scripture.
January 27, 2011
Day By Day
I have never kept any kind of a consistent daily Bible reading. I'm not someone who thrives on routine and to be honest, I just didn't think it was all that important. (So awful and so wrong.) God has been poking me about this for a while now. Like at least since Nathan and I got married. We are talking years. And I was reading more than I had before since then, which was almost not at all. I am not a New Year's resolution maker and so I didn't make any this year. I prefer to allow changes to be made at any time that they need to be made and I guess January 1st just never happens to be the day I finally resolve to do something different. Anyways, I am friends on Facebook with one of the pastors at my parents' church (where I used to go in high school), the pastor who married Nathan and me, and some days since the start of 2011 he has been posting his online Bible reading plan through a website called YouVersion. He is committed to the Chronological Plan, which sets up your reading through the Bible in a year in the order that it actually happened in history. I decided a few weeks ago to start the same plan and I am happy to say I have been reading the Bible every day since. I am serious now about reading every single day until December 31, 2011 and it shouldn't be too hard since I can access each day's Bible reading from my phone very easily. It won't matter if we are in our apartment, in another city, or another country. I am praying God continues to give me motivation each day to be in His Word.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment