August 19, 2013

This Vacuum Really Sucks!

While I was in Houston, Nathan attempted to use the vacuum we had had in Shreveport, that accompanied us to Germany and sat in a corner for two and a half years. Within minutes of turning it on, it began billowing smoke and we were in the market for a new vacuum. Once I returned from out of town, I researched vacuums and found this one on Amazon for $85. It's $120 everywhere else, so I figured that was a pretty good deal. I was able to sign up for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime, which got us free two-day shipping. Even better! It's the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind.
It was set to arrive the same day as Nathan's parents. The vacuum showed up, I assembled it and turned it on and within seconds it was slightly smoking and smelled of burning rubber. We figured out the belt was rubbing against something and that we would have to return it. I was so disappointed. Our house hadn't been vacuumed in over a month and we had guests. At least they were "just" family : ) Amazon scheduled for our defective vacuum to be picked up and for a new one to be delivered within two days. Coolio! The replacement worked perfectly. In fact, after vacuuming the entire house and filling up the canister with dust/dirt, I ran it over the floors again only a few days later and picked up enough dust/dirt to fill the canister again halfway. Mind you, we have no kids or pets. Nor do we roll around in the mud before coming into the house. So... two things. 1. I don't think our floors have ever been vacuumed, much like I don't think our house had ever been cleaned before we moved in. 2. This vacuum really sucks! And by that I mean, it's awesome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment