January 05, 2010

The Bachelor

My Monday nights now consist of watching The Bachelor with a group of girls (mostly ones I work with.) Yay for girls' night! Especially since it coincides with Nathan's hockey practice : ) Let me stop for one second and explain that while I am entertained by the antics on this show, I hate the whole scenario of a guy dating an entire group of girls at one time. And the whole while claiming he wants to find true love. That just doesn't seem like true love. More like he is content to find the next best thing--usually an extremely desperate and manipulative, albeit beautiful, girl. Evidence: only one couple in the entire Bachelor/Bachelorette world has worked out. But back to the antics. The preview to the season showed a whole lotta drama and we can't wait to see what will happen! Jake is cute (always nice when they don't get an old, smarmy one), from Texas (obviously a winner), and seems a little goofy/awkward (makes for some interesting moments). Jacklyn (the hostess) came up with the great idea for each of us to choose who we think will win. Whoever gets the closest gets a prize : ) I have a few I like, but I'm not sure exactly who I am going to vote for. There is one girl we all can't stand and thought for sure wouldn't get a rose at the end of the first episode. She is extremely serious, to the point of being creepy, and very emotional. She is going to be eaten alive by the girls in the house. I would say there is no way she will get a rose next week, but I that's what I thought last time and was wrong. Don't worry. I'll keep ya updated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment