June 15, 2010

Thy Word

I need to read the Bible more. I resolved last night to turn over a new leaf. Finally. I have thought off and on for years about how I need to have a "Quiet Time." I am not very good at keeping a routine of any kind, but reading God's Word is way too important for me to shrug off. So starting today my goal is to read the Bible every single day.
And today, while entering the songs of the service on Sunday, I was typing in a unison reading they will be doing from the old hymnal. The emphasis in the worship songs is the Word of God, so that is what the reading is on. It spoke to me. Or I guess I should say God spoke to me. Mostly confirming what I have decided is necessary for me to do. I typed it below.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God,
and is profitable for doctrine,
for reproof, for correction,
for instruction in righteousness.

That the man of God may be perfect,
throughly furnished unto all good works.

Being born again, not of corruptible seed,
but of incorruptible, by the word of God,
which liveth and abideth forever.

For all flesh is as grass,
and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.
The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away;
But the word of the Lord endureth forever.
And this is the word by which the gospel is preached unto you.

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul;
The testimony of the Lord is sure, making the wise simple.

The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
The entrance of Thy words giveth light;
it giveth understanding unto the simple.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow,
and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment