February 17, 2014

Nathan's 30th

Nathan is never eager to celebrate his birthday. I usually plan something for the two of us to mark the occasion anyway, with his approval. This year, he turned 30, which seems to be a miserable milestone for most. Neither one of us, though, laments turning another year older, no matter the number. At least, not yet. Nathan says he's pretty sure he'll be able to enjoy life more easily as a mature person and thinks his 30s will be much more fulfilling than his 20s.
I had given Nathan his present (a sporty black jacket) a few days earlier, when we went out for Valentine's Day. I was really anticipating him opening it and the weather that night called for him to wear a jacket, so I couldn't help myself!
We went to Pizza Rock for dinner with friends to celebrate and then had Chocolate Dessert back at home. I made this funny picture to top it, knowing Nathan wasn't sensitive about his 20s being over. He laughed : )

1 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Love the jacket and the cake. I celebrated being 30 and being "mature and respectable!" ::snort::

Post a Comment